Monday, 2 March 2015

Vlogger Quits Her Day After Videos Of Her GUINEA PIGS attract 10 million hits


An account manager has quit her job to become a professional vlogger - after videos of her guinea pigs attracted 10million hits on YouTube.

Laura Mellors, 29, from Arnold, Notthingham, started making short films chronicling the daily antics of her pets in 2010 as a hobby.

But the video's popularity sky-rocketed and she now has a global following with 54,000 subscribers to her own YouTube channel.


'I was just bored one day so I made a film about my guinea pigs, Gus and Hercules.

'I'd bought a new cage which gives them different compartments and levels to climb on and I was intrigued to see how they would react to it.

'I uploaded the video to YouTube and within a few days I was getting really positive feedback and requests for more videos.




'Someone asked me to make a video showing them how to construct the cage so I did and it just snowballed.

'My guinea pigs are now followed and sent fan mail. People ask what they're up to.

'When I was at the London Pet show last year a little girl and her mum even came up and asked for my autograph.


'The strangest thing happened last October. I'd told people on Facebook I was going to America on honeymoon and I got requests to meet them so I ended up meeting two families while I was there.'

Laura and her husband James, 30, a project engineer, now share their home with seven guinea pigs, Billy, Bobby, Fozzy Bear, Brian, Bo, Alfie and Gizmo.

She earns around £2,000-a-month from her YouTube videos as well as selling guinea pig goods through her online shop.


Laura added: 'At the moment I work two or three days a week making videos and updating the guinea pigs' updates on Twitter and Facebook.

'If I don't post regular updates I get messages from people asking if the guinea pigs are okay.

'People seem to love the videos. It's a joy to do something for a living which is also a passion.'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oritsefemi - My wife thinks i'm down to earth

Singer, Oristefemi Majemite Ekele, otherwise known as Oristefemi, opens up about how he met his wife How did you meet your wife? I met her...