Thursday, 18 June 2015
Monday, 8 June 2015
Wednesday, 3 June 2015
The main contenders:
- 1. Michel Platini
- Uefa president and the favourite to replace Blatter
- 2. Sheikh Ahmad al Fahad al Sabah
- A new member of Fifa's all-powerful executive committee. A strong contender
- 3. Michael van Praag
- Former Ajax chairman. Might struggle to find backers
- 4. Luis Figo
- High profile former player. Inexperienced in Fifa politics
- 5. Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein
- Beaten by Blatter in the election, now joint-favourite to take over
- 6. David Ginola
- The former player is an unlikely candidate, but remains undeterred
- 7. Alfredo Hawit
- Newly elected president of Concacaf. Will be high-profile in the coming weeks
- 8. Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa
- President of the Asian Football Confederation. Played a key role in helping Blatter win his election
- 9. Jerome Champagne
- Former Fifa executive and French diplomat. May struggle to get backing
Two women have been apprehended by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for ingesting cocaine, packing some on their underwear and also inserting them in their private parts. The two women, who are housewives, were found to possess 2.635 kilogrammes of cocaine at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, while attempting to board a Qatar Airways flight to China.
Looks like Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike is officially ready for former Gov. Rotimi Amaechi. He's asked all Permanent Secretaries in the state to produce full account details of their Ministries’ expenditure in the last 18 months. Read the press statement below...
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has directed Permanent Secretaries in the state to produce full account details of their Ministries ' expenditure over the last 18 months.This is even as the governor advised the permanent secretaries to shun partisan politics as career civil servants, saying the roles some of them played in the closing days of the immediate past administration were politically motivated.
The 30-year-old footballer was spotted leaving Saint Tropez's exclusive club Le Quai in the early hours of Monday, before using the street as the toilet, with his actions drawing the attention of the police who immediately gave him a stern talking to.
Cristiano was partying with friends at the famous nightspot until 4am.
After leaving he was caught urinating in front of an ice cream store in the upmarket old harbour area of Saint Tropez as his friends stood guard nearby.
Despite trying to hide behind a car, port security guard agents were quick to spot the star, and immediately asked him to move on from the area.
Singer, Oristefemi Majemite Ekele, otherwise known as Oristefemi, opens up about how he met his wife How did you meet your wife? I met her...